If you thought mozzarella was only for pizza, your life is about to get a whole lot more delicious. The perfect combination of sweet and savory, this Peach and Mozzarella Salad is the ideal summer meal.
5 peaches (not white)
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
1/3 cup olive oil
Vegetable cooking spray
1 (6-oz.) package watercress or baby arugula, washed
3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 16 (1/4-inch) slices
1. Peel and chop a peach. Cut remaining 4 peaches into 28 rounds, cutting through stem and bottom ends. (Cut them inward from sides, cutting each side until reaching the pit, then discard pits.)
2. Process chopped peach, green onions, next 7 ingredients, and, the tequila in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds or until mixture turns smooth. Add in oil, and pulse it 3 to 4 times or until thoroughly combined.
3. Coat cooking grate of grill with smcooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat it to a medium-high heat and brush both sides of peach rounds using about 1/3 cup of the peach dressing.
4. Grill peach rounds with lid covered over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until grill marks appear.
5. Arrange watercress over 4 plates. Layer 4 grilled peach rounds alternately and 4 of the cheese slices on top of watercress on each of the plates. Top each of them off with about 3 more peach rounds, then drizzle them with remaining peach dressing.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes.